Lee Michaels

"Steve knight" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:37:00 -0500, Patriarch
wrote:

Steve knight wrote in
m:

I got to get one tomorrow as I use it everyday and can't do the job
without it.

I've been really pleased with the Ridgid TP1300 I bought at the Borg.
It's
heavier than the Deltas you mentioned, and generally cheaper, too. Comes
with a stand and dust hood included, as well as a second set of two-sided
blades.

I wanted to check it out but the store does not carry it on hand.
I got the delta and it is exactly the same as my old one. uses the
same dust hood and knives.
Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes

Hey Steve, a couple of question for you. I know that you use a lot of
exotic hardwoods for your planes.

Is the Delta sufficient for that kind of work?

Did you wear out your original Delta planer faster because of the kind of
wood you use?

And not that I am pitching another kind of planer or anything, but wouldn't
it make sense to go to a bigger planer?

Obviously you will make the decisions that seem right for you. I was just
wondering what your reasoning/logic was.

Thanks.