George

wrote in message
oups.com...

You pegged my turning club. They turn bowls. Then for fun, they turn
more bowls. Then they talk about bowls. The consider form, shape,
technique, finishing, wood selection and anything else that could
pertain to ...... bowls.

SNIP

Thin walled, shiny finish (necesary to brag about how many coats of XXX
you put on and how you sanded to 12,000 grit) and not useful in any
respect. The perfect bowl.

Amazing how some folks like different things, isn't it? I could be worse.
There are people who think the pinnacle of turning is the "hollow form." At
least you can puke into a bowl if the conversation gets too sickening.