JohnM

labeana wrote:
I am designing a line of handbags that will use resin cast frames/handles
as the chief feature....I make the original out of polymer clay, make an
rtv mold and cast resin so it looks kind of like ivory or bakelite...here
is my problem....I like the simplicity of making a one part mold with the
focus on the sculpted area but that eliminates the ability for me to make
the pivoting area on both sides from the one piece mold...so I thought if
I could find a place that made the small pivoting components that you see
"shoved into" old celluloid or bakelite bags that would work....alas, I
don't even know what they are called, never mind who makes them...

In case I haven't made it clear, if you look at a let's say a metal purse
frame...it opens and closes by means of a small pivoting hinge type part
the is kept in place with a small rivet or pin....

Anyone have a clue on locating a source for these?
thanks
Lauren

Can you put up a few pictures of what you need? There's some pretty
intelligent cats here, it's likely you can get good advice.

John