Edwin Pawlowski

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
I called Wayne-Dalton Customer Service. The rep. asked whether we had
fluorescent lights in the garage. I replied that we did but that the
problem existed even when the fluorescents (CF) were turned off. The rep.
then said, "We have found that fluorescent lights can interfere with
infra-red sensors even when the lights are turned off." I told her I
couldn't see how that could be, but there was no point in arguing, because
she was only reciting her official spiel.

I have no idea if it is true, but if so, the design is dumb. Many garages
have fluorescent light making the IR opener useless in their case.