Ulysses

I think I understand what you are saying now. You mean you think a BS
engine would not start if it was gapped to .032 instead of .030? I don't
think it would make any difference to the engine for short term. Many small
engine specs range from .029-.032 which is more of a difference than you are
saying won't work.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
"overgapped by" means greater than. 032 is greater than 030 by.... 002.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"Ulysses" wrote in message
What am I missing here? Did I say to gap his plug at .002 somewhere? I
sure don't see where anyone said that...

On a modern BS engine it's usually about .032 for the spark gap. That's

in
inches.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Well, sheez. THAT explains why his mower won't start. Creepers, the poor

guy
has probably been out yanking on the start cord for the last three days
cause he over gapped his plug by .002, and you don't even apologize?

(I hope you find this as funny as I did while writing it. Some misteaks
aren't worth correcting, they are so smell.)

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"mingv" wrote in message news:nospam-
That seems kinda tight to me. Is that what is on the specs? I would

try
.032.

Oops - typo! I meant .030" (what my mower repair guide says)