Michael A. Terrell

Norman Webb wrote:

I am looking for info on efficient management of a service department doing
electronic scales and automatic meat slicer repairs.

Would appreciate any pointers to this info either books or online.

Is this all on site repair, all in your shop, or a mix of both? Is
there loaner equipment that needs to be tracked and maintained? Are all
spare parts owned by you, the customer, or does it vary with the
customer?

You need to write down all your requirements before you try to define
the specifications or you will end up with a less than optimal solution,
or even worse, a totally unworkable system. Depending on the size of
the business it may be very simple. If you have a lot of employees and
or multiple locations it will take more work to set up the right system.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida