Michael A. Terrell

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article rA9Me.222977$5V4.179143@pd7tw3no,
Ken Weitzel wrote:
I hold that the damage was caused by interaction between
the very alkaline cement and the battery acid.

How does the acid get there? The case is acid proof, otherwise the steel
it sits on in the car would corrode through in even shorter time.

--
*Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Early car batteries had molded hard rubber cases that were less than
perfect when it came to leaks. There is a 1/4" of concrete missing in
the driveway next door where an old battery froze and developed hairline
cracks. A month later the concrete around the battery was badly etched,
and had had the 1/4" missing.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida