Michael A. Terrell

Pete wrote:

This may sound silly but has anyone a link to some sensible electronic
lab/repair workbench DIY buildable 'Project' plans? I could sit down and
design something myself but i don't know about things like best Ergonomic
height, strength of timber/ types of lumber etc.

I want one that has a shelf above it so that test gear can 'live up there'
above the work surface.

I finally have a spare room in my house and i want to make it a 'lab' come
repair bench... much better than the kitchen table.

I'd need the bench to be reasonably easily taken apart should the day come i
move house. Ideas appreciated.

There are frequent discussions about work benches on
news:alt.binary.pictures.radio including pictures of how not to do it
when they go through a round of worst or dirtiest work bench
competition. Some of the benches are very well designed, but you have
to decide what suits your needs. What are you going to work on? how
much test equipment do you have? Do you want to keep parts cabinets on
the bench, or nearby? Where do you want to put the AC outlets? In
other words, make a list of your needs and look around. I have six
different benches set up at my house, in different buildings. Each is
tailored to one, or a few types of work. Yes, it is overkill, but I am
disabled and it makes sense for my needs. At this time they are still
covered in plastic from last year's hurricanes because the roofs on the
workshops still need replaced. I work on test equipment, Ham radio
gear, computers and monitors, along with anything that I find
interesting. One bench is for the dirty work of tearing down old
equipment, and has a drill press and chop saw a couple feet away to
build prototypes. What are you going to do at your bench?

news:alt.binaries.schematics.electronic is another place where the
subject comes up from time to time, and a polite request on either group
will get you plenty of pictures sot you can see what will work for you.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida