Franc Zabkar

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:24:03 +0200, put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Franc Zabkar wrote:
I rechecked the tube and Pins are correct as labeled. Pin 7 has 270+ volts
on it.

That looks like G1.

I have never in my life seen such a high G1 voltage. It is most
certainly G2. In that case the voltage is a bit low, which is either
caused by the load of the voltmeter, or somehow related to your problem.

Sorry, I goofed badly. G1 is probably earthed on the CRT PCB, probably
via pin 5 or 12? Otherwise G1 grids are most often driven negative,
IME.

There are 2 pins in the 'key' that have wires running back to the
flyback.

Probably Focus and G2/Screen.

Wrong again, probably. These are the 2 focus connections.

Yeah, I missed that.

- Franc Zabkar