David Hearn

Tim Smith wrote:
Hi

Several months ago I masked an area of the worktop in our bathroom in
preparation to cut out the whole for a sink.

For various reasons, I didnt quite finish this and have now got round to
doing it. I have tried to take off teh masking tape and it is leaving marks.

I cant tell whether this marks is adhesive or whether it has actually
damaged the surface of teh worktop but the usual bathroom cleaners and
vegetable oil havent moved it.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks

Tim

Now that it matters now, but most masking tape says to remove within 24
hours or so, and you can buy more expensive ones which can be left
longer (28 days or so I think).

One other thing not to do with masking tape - put it on the feed/return
pipes directly above the boiler. I did this to use an IR thermometer on
them as the bare copper was too reflective to give accurate readings.
Consequently, 1 year later they're stuck and dried solid. I'm sure
I'll found a suitable tu-it sometime.