Eric and Megan Swope

Forgot to mention he screwed the durock to the floor joists through the
subfloor.

"Eric and Megan Swope" wrote in message
Thanks for the advice. I saw on the one site, instead of making a mortar
bed, the builder used 1/2 durock cement backer board to fill the gap
between the subfloor and the bottom of the shower base. He then used
liquid nails to adhere the base to the durock. Would this be acceptable
as well?

"User Example" wrote in message
.. .
Speedy Jim wrote:
willshak wrote:
SNIP

When my shower stall and tub/shower enclosure were installed, they put
a bed of wet concrete in the spaces before setting the units in place,
thereby giving the fiberglass bases more support.

Yes! The cement bed is essential to give the base support.
It doesn't need to be concrete w/aggregate; a "sand mix"
is adequate.

They didn't put anything under our fiberglass tub and it creaks like you
wouldn't believe. Good thing I never use it and my wife doesn't weigh
much.