Mike Berger

Buy a kit from the local big-box store and customize it. I used
indoor/outdoor static-free carpet for my work surface. It had
enough friction to keep things from sliding around, was scratch and
flame-resistant, and kept parts from getting lost.

Pete wrote:
This may sound silly but has anyone a link to some sensible electronic
lab/repair workbench DIY buildable 'Project' plans? I could sit down and
design something myself but i don't know about things like best Ergonomic
height, strength of timber/ types of lumber etc.

I want one that has a shelf above it so that test gear can 'live up there'
above the work surface.

I finally have a spare room in my house and i want to make it a 'lab' come
repair bench... much better than the kitchen table.

I'd need the bench to be reasonably easily taken apart should the day come i
move house. Ideas appreciated.