Steve knight

Keep in mind that most portable planers now have those darn disposable
blades which may not do well with the very hard woods that you use daily.
If your Delta has the disposable blades then that may not be a concern but
if it has the resharpenable blades like my old Ryobi you might want to
consider stepping up.

acutely they have not been a issue. I get maybe three months per side
on the blades. they actually cost less then sharpening too. the planer
does so well on tropical's that I can push the blades till they are
really dull and the machine is pretty noisy.
Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes