Leon

"Steve knight" wrote in message
I got to get one tomorrow as I use it everyday and can't do the job
without it.
The rubber on the roller of my delta 22-560. it seems most of the
delta's have this same front roller. I do some weird things like I
plane wood where there is a 1" block of wood endgrain glued to the end
of face grain. I think that when the block stuck up past the surface
it ended up snagging the rubber and tearing it. It took about a year
to kill the rest of the rubber.
I don't have a lot of choices locally. Delta is the most available
and in my price range
ShopMaster 12 1/2" Portable Planer with Stand #TP400LS

Keep in mind that most portable planers now have those darn disposable
blades which may not do well with the very hard woods that you use daily.
If your Delta has the disposable blades then that may not be a concern but
if it has the resharpenable blades like my old Ryobi you might want to
consider stepping up.