willshak

On 8/23/2005 12:05 AM US(ET), Eric and Megan Swope took fingers to keys,
and typed the following:

Hi everyone. I am looking to replace my bath tub with a fiberglass shower
stall. The one part of the project I am unsure about is a shower pan. I
know if I was going to tile my shower floor, wall, etc. that I need this.
Do I still need it with a fiberglass shower stall? After reading some
sites, I have seen the base for these stalls, but saw nothing about creating
a shower pan for a fiberglass shower stall?

If anyone has any links they are willing to share I would appreciate that as
well. Thanks.

As Rudy said, some shower stalls come with bases. I have a 4' shower
stall that is all one molded piece, base, side walls and back, and a one
piece 5' tub/shower enclosure. If you want to use the whole 5' space
where the tub is currently installed, see here for an example:
http://www.arpbathtubs.com/S6035R.htm , otherwise check the other types
out he http://www.arpbathtubs.com/specs.html
When my shower stall and tub/shower enclosure were installed, they put a
bed of wet concrete in the spaces before setting the units in place,
thereby giving the fiberglass bases more support.

--
Bill