Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Pete wrote:
This may sound silly but has anyone a link to some sensible electronic
lab/repair workbench DIY buildable 'Project' plans? I could sit down and
design something myself but i don't know about things like best Ergonomic
height, strength of timber/ types of lumber etc.

The heights of both a sit down and stand up type bench are really
determined by what's comfortable to the individual - the beauty of
building your own.

For electronics you don't need as strong a construction as you would for
car mechanics etc, and if you can also fix it to the room walls this will
greatly aid rigidity.

I want one that has a shelf above it so that test gear can 'live up
there' above the work surface.

Best to use Spur shelving so you can adjust the heights after experience
of use.

I finally have a spare room in my house and i want to make it a 'lab'
come repair bench... much better than the kitchen table.

I'd need the bench to be reasonably easily taken apart should the day
come i move house. Ideas appreciated.

This is what I've done. I've run all the additional services needed in
surface trunking so it can be easily removed. Of course with the UK ring
main system extra sockets are easy.

I used carpet tiles for the floor covering, but you want a smooth area
round the electronics bench for easy finding of dropped components.

--
*What happens if you get scared half to death twice? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.