Steve knight

Default I need to get another portable planer fast what one though?

I got to get one tomorrow as I use it everyday and can't do the job
without it.
The rubber on the roller of my delta 22-560. it seems most of the
delta's have this same front roller. I do some weird things like I
plane wood where there is a 1" block of wood endgrain glued to the end
of face grain. I think that when the block stuck up past the surface
it ended up snagging the rubber and tearing it. It took about a year
to kill the rest of the rubber.
I don't have a lot of choices locally. Delta is the most available
and in my price range
ShopMaster 12 1/2" Portable Planer with Stand #TP400LS

This about the same one I just had. I wonder if it uses the same dust
hood? Knowing delta I would need another one.
There is the ryobi at the borg but I just doubt it will hold up to
several times a day use.
None of the dewalt planers are around here but that expensive 13"
they have now.
I can get the jet for 400.00 locally but I have to get another hood
for it. So it would be 450.00 unless the dc hood is less then retail.
If anyone knows of anyone who carries the dewalt planers here in
Portland Oregon let me know.

Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes