Matt

"JP" wrote:

My parents have an original DC01 - 12 years old this year, its had
half a dozen belts and recently the mains cable fatigued where it
enters the strain relief grommet - but apart from that its been
faultless.

ROFL
Nice definition of faultless.

A belt every couple of years and a mains cable flexed around 30000
times before it partially failed is close to faultless as is
reasonable. I'd hazard a guess (based on their domestic appliance
purchase and repair costs) a Miele equivalent would have cost the same
or more in spares and capital costs over that same period.

Which reports on reliability are what their thousands and thousand of
subscribers tell them.

They are reporting exactly what Which readers want to hear. The
customers who are most satisfied get on with life and don't ****
around writing to the ******* at the CA. For instance the cars they
recommend are 100% guaranteed to be the most anodyne, soulless,
plastic laden, over soundproofed machines you are ever likely to
encounter. If you are Mr and Mrs Average of 32 Acacia Gardens,
Chipping Upper Bucket, Dronesville, doing exactly 12000 miles a year
with 2.4 kids and 0.8 labradors this will suit you to a tee. I'd even
suspect they would say the Prius has the lowest fuel consumption and
fastest acceleration of any car in the world while having no gearbox
and the most satisfied owners.

They are telling them repeatedly in each survey
Dyson pile of Sh!te
Miele the best

Through a member of the family I could obtain any Miele product at
virtually cost price. Nothing I saw or read before or since convinced
me to change from a Dyson, In fact we bought another one a few months
ago for our other property.