David Nugent

Default Failing TV First flicking, now Straight Line until warms up.

I've got a 27" Magnasonic TV (actually my mother in-laws).. For a few
weeks, she was telling me when the sound was turned up, or she walked across
the floor, the picture would cut in and out.. (Sounded to me like maybe a
loose solder joint(s) being affected by vibration.. Now she is telling me
when she turns it on, all she gets is a horizontal bar in the center of the
screen and after about 10 minutes, she gets a picture.

I have an electronics background, but spent most of my career working in
digital electronics.. Can anyone suggest me where I should start looking
for this problem. (HV section? - Flyback maybe?) And does this sound like a
solder joint problem or component failure.

Appreciate any help/suggestions..

Thanks,
Dave