Steven L Umbach

The primer was called Zinnser FastPrime 2 and it said that it for use over
and under latex wall paint on drywall. Maybe my wife did not bother to shake
or mix it properly?? --- Steve

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
Steven L Umbach wrote:
Much to my objections my wife and daughter thought it would be cool
to paint one of her bedroom walls deep dark red. Before I knew what
was going on she went to the HI store and bought some Pittsburg Paint
that was apparently branded just for them because Pittsburg Paint
does not show it on their website but the "guy" told her it was their
best stuff they carried at the store and my believes anyone but me.
My wife also bought some white primer and rolled it on the wall
before deciding that I should finish the job.
Just to start off I want to say that I have done a LOT of interior
painting in the past and never had a problem and never had to put on
more then two coats of anything but our colors were all in the
neutral color range.
Well I started to roll this stuff on and it was like painting waxed
paper. I got done and it looked like crap with some places locking
light and others dark but their was nothing more I could do until it
dried and applied another coat. I came back a while later and much to
my horror there were more than a few places where this stuff ran and
globbed down and in spots. Now it looks really bad. I have never
seen anything like that before and when I roll paint I don't glob it
on but put on a consistent medium coat and closely examine my job as
I go along in the light at an angle to look for problem areas like
too heavy application so I can smooth it out. Interestingly she
bought the same exact paint brand in a medium brown color and it went
on fine?? Another thing about the red stuff is that it took me
forever to stir and shake to get it to be one color.
Has anyone else experienced anything like that. Do you think the
paint may have been defective or that when they mixed it at the store
they did something wrong such as using wrong materials or wrong
quantities?? At this point I am going to go and get some Benjamin
Moore or Pratt and Lambert in a close color, in a non custom color if
possible and paint until the color looks consistent at least. I don't
know what to do about the paint that ran and dried. Maybe I should
try to get it off with goof off and a scraper or would that make
matters worse? Any other suggestions are highly appreciated.
I have told her 100 times to buy Benjamin Moore paint but I guess
that is too inconvenient for her. She always gets what the "guy"
tells her is best at whatever store she is buying the paint at. Last
time she got Behr at HD and I showed her how drippy it was and then
she says well it was their best paint. By now you are probably
saying why don't you go get the paint your self stupid ass. I would
but my wife spends dozens and dozens of hours shopping for paint and
can't make up her mind and then asks me what I like but then does not
like what I pick out so I avoid the whole shopping end of buying
paint and just do the production part. Anyhow the good news is I
think she is finally going to listen to me about what brand paint to
buy and where to get it at. --- Steve

Was that white primer compatible with the paint???

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit