krw

In article ,
says...
We pulled up some of the second layers of wallpaper which came up easily.
However, when we tried to pull up the first layer, it was extremely
difficult. I understand it was common for builders in this area, Atlanta,
not to prime walls before putting up the wallpaper. (It was cheaper).

The same thing happened to me (only one coat of paper though). Not
only were the walls not primed or sized, but there was a skim-coat of
mud on the wall, half of which came off with the paper. What a mess!
I would have been better off gutting the bathroom and starting form
studs. I *hate* wallpaper!

--
Keith