Don Bruder

In article ,
"Bill" wrote:

I am going to be installing a tall metal wood stove chimney which will be
11 ft. high from the roof. Note that my roof is also at about a 45 degree
slope, so I can't stand on the roof.

Needless to say, there will be no way to clean this chimney from the top
down without a high-lift.

I spoke to a lady who has a similar chimney and she said they had theirs
cleaned from inside the house - bottom up. Unfortunately, she was not home
when it was cleaned, so did not know how they did it.

The wood stove I will be purchasing will not allow cleaning from inside the
wood stove.

So how do you clean a chimney from inside the house?

You start out by desiging it inside-cleanable...

Put a "T" piece in, same size as your main flue.

For an "out the side/back" chimney:

| |
| |
| |
| |
----- | |
|stove|---| |
| |---| |
| | | |
| | ^----- Clean from here
-----
/ \

For an "out the top" style:

| |
| |
| |
| |
-----| |
/ ----| |
/ / | |
| | | |
----- ^----- Clean from here
|stove|
| |
| |
| |
-----
/ \

In both cases, the lower arm of the "T" has a suitable cover that's kept
in place when the stove is fired.

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.