Steven L Umbach

Thanks for that info. I was not concerned about the color coverage as much
as the running. I was able to get off the dries runs with a single edge
razor in a glass scraper. I did not push into the dried paint but instead
scraped across it at different angles and that worked pretty good since it
was still soft. I am still going to get a different paint today! --- Steve

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 00:30:27 -0500, "Steven L Umbach"
wrote:

Well I started to roll this stuff on and it was like painting waxed paper.
got done and it looked like crap with some places locking light and others
dark but their was nothing more I could do until it dried and applied
another coat. I came back a while later and much to my horror there were
more than a few places where this stuff ran and globbed down and in
spots.
Now it looks really bad. I have never seen anything like that before and
when I roll paint I don't glob it on but put on a consistent medium coat
and
closely examine my job as I go along in the light at an angle to look for
problem areas like too heavy application so I can smooth it out.
Interestingly she bought the same exact paint brand in a medium brown
color
and it went on fine?? Another thing about the red stuff is that it took me
forever to stir and shake to get it to be one color.

It may have been partially the paint's fault, but that's a problem
I've experienced almost every time I've used red, regardless of brand.
I generally expect to apply 3-4 coats minium to get an even coat of
that color.