hvactech2

On 21 Aug 2005 13:12:52 -0700, "Zing" wrote:

My daughter has a Bradford White water heater # MITW40L6L910 for what
it's worth. The unit is only about 7 years old with relatively little
use. By that I mean there are not 14 people in the house taking 25
showers a day and doing tons of wash. It is ONE PERSON for years and
now TWO people.

I am told that the manual states that this unit has ELECTRONIC IGNITION
for the PILOT LIGHT.
I assume this means there IS A PILOT LIGHT but it lights like a
barbecue grill if it needs relighting.

NO hot water. Hubby tried to relight it and no good.
It has a POWER VENT on top.
I read somewhere that the POWERVENT is tied in to the igniton system.

it is.

QUESTION ?????????

Vent does not go on and the heater does NOT light up ? Correct ?

Yes.

I did a lot of searching on the internet and found virtually nothing on
TROUBLESHOOTING these models. I have the NON-POWERVENT models and am 60
miles away. So I have not seen their unit to try and help.

I went to HOW STUFF WORKS and no good - info only on older
NON-POWERVENT models.

1) Comments/suggestions for TROUBLESHOOTING this problem ?? ( other
than the OBVIOUS one = call a PRO )

2)Any sites with info on these heaters with POWER VENTS ? I found none.

3) On POWERVENT models, if they need to be replaced, does the VENT
ASSEMBLY just hook on to the NEW HEATER ???

4) Do the POWERVENT assemblies have a UNIVERSAL plug ???

TIA

The only answer is the obvious. call a pro. These can be a problem to
troubleshoot. it could be any umber of things and I cannot
troubleshoot this over the net.
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail