JP

"dmc" wrote in message ...
In article ,
JP wrote:

Miele cat and dog.

Miele constantly get recommended by Which.
I got one after many recs on NG consumer uk discounts and bargains.
Superbly engineered, bought GF one too.
They are the dogs bs.

My parents bought one of these - nice but the "bag full" sensor seems
rather
sensitive (in that it nearly always claims the bag is full...)

Have they got a duff one or are they all like this?

They maybe using a far higher power setting than is actually needed.
I've only once used the 1600 setting, for the carpet, Usually the 1300 with
the turbo brush is fine.
It needs only 600 or 900 for the smaller tools.
I've never used the 2000 setting, but I've noticed if you do wick the power
too far the bag full sensor can move across.