Ian_m

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just been having my first stab at bricklaying this last weekend.
It was a sunny day, over 70 degrees.

Question: When laying bricks on a hot day is it best to use a slighty
wetter mortar mix than normal? Not excessively so, just an extra dash
of water.

When the builders built a rear wall and dwarf wall for our conservatory they
just wet the bricks on the sunny days, dunking bottom edge in bucket of
water. Mind you they really zipped along and did over 3/4 of the job 2nd day
which was rainy/drizzely working under a larger tarpaulin, probably as they
didn't need to dampen the bricks and didn't get too hot whilst working.