Default Bricklaying on a sunny day: tips

Just been having my first stab at bricklaying this last weekend.
It was a sunny day, over 70 degrees.

Question: When laying bricks on a hot day is it best to use a slighty
wetter mortar mix than normal? Not excessively so, just an extra dash
of water.

Bruce

Ian_m

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just been having my first stab at bricklaying this last weekend.
It was a sunny day, over 70 degrees.

Question: When laying bricks on a hot day is it best to use a slighty
wetter mortar mix than normal? Not excessively so, just an extra dash
of water.

When the builders built a rear wall and dwarf wall for our conservatory they
just wet the bricks on the sunny days, dunking bottom edge in bucket of
water. Mind you they really zipped along and did over 3/4 of the job 2nd day
which was rainy/drizzely working under a larger tarpaulin, probably as they
didn't need to dampen the bricks and didn't get too hot whilst working.

Mr Fuxit

Cement cures by chemical reaction and not by evaporation; if the water
dries out before the chemical reaction takes place then the mortar
willbe not much better than sand. I learnt this the hard way! Use Rob
Morley's tip!

Mark

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just been having my first stab at bricklaying this last weekend.
It was a sunny day, over 70 degrees.

Question: When laying bricks on a hot day is it best to use a slighty
wetter mortar mix than normal? Not excessively so, just an extra dash
of water.

NO

Get some Hussein sacks cover over the newly laid bricks and keep wet.

-

Mark

John wrote in message

"Mark" wrote in message
news

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just been having my first stab at bricklaying this last weekend.
It was a sunny day, over 70 degrees.

Question: When laying bricks on a hot day is it best to use a slighty
wetter mortar mix than normal? Not excessively so, just an extra dash
of water.

NO

Get some Hussein sacks cover over the newly laid bricks and keep wet.

HESSIAN!!

Look If wont to drape a wall with a wet Asian sack I will
They are cheaper and better then the real thing !

-

\(Sir\) Bobby Bewl

"John" wrote in message

"Mark" wrote in message
news

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just been having my first stab at bricklaying this last weekend.
It was a sunny day, over 70 degrees.

Question: When laying bricks on a hot day is it best to use a slighty
wetter mortar mix than normal? Not excessively so, just an extra dash
of water.

NO

Get some Hussein sacks cover over the newly laid bricks and keep wet.

HESSIAN!!

Yeah! he plays for Chelsea/

Bobby