George

If you believe the pretentious oenophiles can tell you vintage, rainfall and
degree of slope of the hill a vine grew on by a whiff and a taste, you gotta
believe they can detect the cedar oil. If I, best described as a commonsewer
of wine can smell it in a single board of eastern white or western red,
imagine how thick it must get in a closed room.

Or maybe the folks who will pay the $$$ for that place will drink only wine
with twistoff metal caps....

wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:55:09 GMT, Joe_Stein
wrote:

I think he was referring to "aromatic" cedar ( the kind that keeps the
moths away) I don't think regular cedar has much of a smell to it.

In an earlier post, loutent said he made wine racks out of cedar. It
reminded me of something I heard on This Old House just yesterday. They
are building a wine cellar in the current house. The builder said he
wouldn't be using cedar because the corks will pick up the cedar scent
which will introduce an unwelcome flavor in the wine.
Comments?