Robert Swinney

Hey! I'm outta here. Gotta go mow the yard with my steam-powered
lawnmower. Don't ask.

Bob Swinney
"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
Nasty question, iggy, real nasty! If you must know, the cylinder did rust
up on the first stroke causing a boiler explosion. Blew the whole ass-end
off of the pickup! That's when he began putting 4 inch armor plate
between the boiler and passenger area.

Bob Swinney

"Ignoramus32687" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:23:48 -0500, Robert Swinney
wrote:
Hey! Not so far fetched. We hadda a guy here in our ward a while back
that
modified a large block V-8 to run on steam. For his beta model, the
boiler
was mounted in the bed of a pickup. Production models have more
efficient
boilers behind the back seat of SUVs. Your guy may not be so lucky with
the
motorcycle though - he may run into a weight problem with all those
batteries. Now, if he could put them in a little trailer to pull behind
. .
. hmmnnn.

not only batteries, the motor, idler, etc all add up the
weight. Weight and size are my main concern.

Regarding that steam powered V8, I am curious how come the cylinders
did not rust very quickly, from all that heated water.

Bob Swinney

"Ignoramus32687" wrote in message
I had a visitor yesterday who responded to my craigslist ad about a
free 200V 7.5 HP 3 phase motor. A pleasant, intelligent young man. I
asked him what he was doing with the motor, and he replied that he was
going to build an electric motorcycle. His plan is, apparently, to
have a motorcycle based on batteries, inverter, phase converter, and a
3 phase motor drive. I just could not believe what I heard. (and still
have doubts about his veracity) Am I going crazy or does this sound
like a completely insane idea to you?