TKM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings all!

What side loading and front loading washers do people recommend? I am
very keen on high capacity washers.

If anyone wants to JUST TELL ME what to buy, please do...I have had to
make a million important household decisions over the last 8 years, and
one million is apparently my limit. I'm spent. I feel like Ingrid
Bergman in Casablanca..."You think for me, Rick."

Chuck

Two-plus years experience now with a front-load washer has convinced me
it's a better choice than a top-loader. Less soap and water, clothes ready
for the drier with less moisture, very quiet, no problems with holes or
other wear on clothes, enough options for wash/rinse that it handles any
reasonable dirt condition and I can stuff it full for one load and put in
just a little for the next and it doesn't care.

It's a standard GE with matching dryer purchased from a local appliance
store. The price was as good as from the big box store down the road and I
got lots of knowledgeable help with the purchase. I'd go with the same deal
and choice again.

What surprised me the most is the difference in water and soap usage. The
front-loader uses significantly less of both even when set for an extra
rinse.

TKM