Peter Wells

Thanks to all those who replied, you've got me thinking about making
something. One of those kids outdoor inflatable castle blowers and some
sort of separator,.

Peter
"CaptMike" wrote in message
Peter Wells wrote:
I have a few tools (table saw, radial arm saw, sander, grinder) that I

use
probably a few times a month that are fitted with connections for dust
collector. I use them in the garage where a lot of other stuff is

stored.
So after using them there is always dust all over the place. To what

extent
would a dust collector keep the garage clean? Do they just get the big

bits
so you don't need to sweep but still leave dust everywhere? Given that

don't have the space to permenantly connect a dust collection system I'm
wondering if I wouldn't be as well off buying a strong shop vac and
connecting as needed.

All advice appreciated.

Peter

I have a dedicated Jet DC unit, or rather one on wheels with a flex hose
connected to my TS. It's 1½ HP and does a nice job for me. I also have
a Jet Gold Air Filtration unit ceiling hung right over my TS. I've
noticed far less dust around the shop on shelves and cans and stuff
since I started using them. I don't use a mask unless I'm cutting tons
of stuff... I just flip on the switches and start cutting/working. I
shut the DC off when I don't cut... as it is noisy. Not as noisy as a
shop-vac though, and the AF has a remote and timer so I can set it for X
hours and it'll shut down automatically when the time is up.

A shop vac is a marginal DC machine but it's all about budget. You can
build a fairly effective AF with an old AC/Furnace squirrel cage fan,
some plywood, and a couple of filters. Definitely worth looking in to.