patga

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. I think most of us come to this
forum with good intentions, unlike the idiot who told me to scratch it off
with my toenails. I'm going to give it a try and will post my results

wrote in message
oups.com...
I used to live in east Cobb - and my house (built 1962) had wallpaper
and the walls were primed. Anyway, on heavy wallpaper it is common
for the heavy outer layer to come off easily leaving a thin paper
coating underneath. You need a paper "tiger" - something you roll over
the paper and it puts fine holes in it. Then you spray it with water,
let the water seep in, and scrape it off. Do it in small sections.
You can rent a steamer - think Home Depot rents them out - if it's a
really big job. You scrape it with wide putty knives being careful not
to gouge the wallboard if you can help it. It is not too hard to do on
most walls. Just takes patience. They sell stuff you can spray on but
vinegar (white) and water has always done the job for me. If your
house is really old, the walls may not be primed but if it was built
after the 60s, think they were.