Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
wrote:

Well, she finally got her wish. The dryer stopped working, and though
I reckon I could fix it (or have it fixed), this event signaled the
moment at which we commit to getting a 21st century washer and dryer.

If you can fix it without a large expense of $ or time, fix it. That
takes the pressure off so you can make a more intelligent purchase.