Mark Watson

Default sash windows #3 update - 6mm thick glass

An update from previous posts about why some of my sash windows stay
up, and some don't (all have had additional sheets of glass put in).

I've taken one window out and given it a good seeing to, removing the
addtional pane of glass. This glass was 6mm, and weighs what I think
is called by the experts 'a ****ing ton'. The sash weights had come
unattached on this window account of the cords snapping - no surprise
there.

The one thing that intrigues me is that the window itself looks
designed to have that additional sheet glazed on the inside. Unless
the person did a really good job of inserting thin strips of wood into
which to fit it.

Mark Watson