Steve DeMars

I am in the process of building a woodworking shop.

Location - Baton Rouge, LA - high humidity area

Two small 3' wide X 2' high insulated windows facing south very near the
top of the walls.

Size will be 20' X 22' (440 sq. ft.) with 10' ceilings.

Walls will be 4" - drywall / R-13 batt / 3/4" fiber type blackboard /
Hardie Plank.

Ceiling will be - drywall / R-49 batt / to open attic.

Attic will be well ventilated with (2) 14" turbines.

Roof will be shingled with Solar Board for roof decking.

Looking at 15,000/ 15,800 BTU cool only unit from Friedrich
(only one I could find with a good reputation and USA made)
EER 9.0, moisture removal 4.2 pints/hour, 290 CFM, 7.8 AMPS,
cooling watts 1756.

Is this size unit going to be enough. I want cool, don't want short cycles &
not have humidity removal . . .I am fearful of going to big and end up with
cold and clamy . . .

Any suggestions appreciated . . . . .
Steve