George Eberhardt

wrote in message
oups.com...
"You dont even realize that they type of land that they build on not
to mention the type of home contributes to the cost of the home.
GO CALL A CONRACTOR AND GET LAUGHED AT, just like I am
doing right now at you. "

Heh, you horse's ass, I realize perfectly well, as does everyone else
with a pulse, that the cost of land is a factor in what a house sells
for. But if you can read and comprehend, the question I asked has
nothing to do with the cost of the land. The question was about
CONSTRUCTION cost for a new home on a lot one buys, not the cost of
land. Now you want to go on and defend this nonsense advanced by other
chowder heads about construction costs varying 7 to 8X for the same
house built in different locations in NJ? I don't think so.

I live in central Jersey, near the shore. Recently my insurance company
valued my house at $150 /sq foot as the cost of rebuilding it. I would rate
the quality of this house as a little better than average. The above price
does not include the cost of constructing a basement.

--
George Eberhardt
(732)224-8988