You do risk eventually reducing the emission from the blue crt gun
compared to the red and green guns and having a poor picture as a
result. Why not turn down the brightness so the blue gun is not
wearing away the cathode coating material that gradually wears away
with emissions.

I personally wouldn't worry about turning the TV off and on unless it
is a lot more than 4 times a day. I would take my chances compared to
the electric bill that the set runs up by being on all the time. I
wouldn't turn it off for a 10 minute out of the room situation, but if
it were not going to be watched for an hour, I would sure turn it off.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann