Adrian Brentnall wrote:
Hi Ian
Thanks for the comments

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:27:01 +0100, Ian Cornish "icornish at talk21
dot com" wrote:

Having moved recently, I can say that "dressing" and a little bit of
tidying up does wonders.
3yrs ago, my old 2 bed mid terrace was on the market for 6 months. 1
offer, 40k below asking price (half price!). Main problems we 1) ex
was a smoker, 2) ex's stuff (tons of it) still all over the place.
Remedy:
Message to Ex (get your stuff from the skip by certain date)
paint all ceilings & woodwork
reposition the furniture.

We've already had a tidy out - but there's probably (certainly !) more
that we could do.... also done a 'strategic repaint' where
necessary...

Get a friend you trust to tell you the truth (and truth hurts) and get
them to appraise the house.... more work...gutted the kitchen, new B&Q
units, some landscaping in the gardens etc.

Kitchen's only about 4 years old and in pretty good condition. Gardens
aren't 'ideal home' style - but are reasonably tidy.

I find that a new stainless sink unit top, a one handle mixer and
downlighters over appeals to a woman. It looks clean and new and the
bright light makes it sparkle. People like new things and a new sink
top means they are not using what you used. All that can be done for
less than =A3100. Make sure the agent always turns on the kitchen lights
when showing people around, otherwise they may not notice the new
sparkling sink unit and mixer.