D Steck

"David" wrote in message
pduck wrote:

How do you handle the problem of rust? If I pull my car into the garage
after it has been out in the rain, or covered with snow and salt, it's
going to really do a number on my tools. Not only my table saw, jointer,
etc, but also the smaller hand tools like chisels and planes. Just
putting a dehumidifier isn't going to do much good with a wet car right
next to everything.

Thanks

leave the cars outside?? I haven't parked a car in my garage shop for
over 3 years. The cars are doing fine. They don't rust outside and my
shop doesn't get "disturbed". Then again, I don't live in snow country.
I thought most snow country homes had basements. I've considered moving
to the midwest and taking over an entire basement (1,500 square feet) for
my next shop. that would be so cool to have plenty of room for stock. I
could retire some of the equipment's mobile stands with that much room.
Each "toy" could stay put in a shop that large. sigh...

Dave

Oh sure, you only think you'd get the entire basement!!!! I get a little
corner of an unfinished basement. SWMBO wants it finished and we are
currently in negotiation on how much of it I get for the shop!!!

If you ever do move, make sure you get a basement with at least 9' ceilings.