Default Shower Flow Problems

Hello All

I have been told by the shower people that I need to remove some non
return valves from my thermostatic shower to increase the flow.

Will this help? The pump manual states that there should be no non
return valves present in the inlet pipe to the pump but doesn't mention
anything about the shower itself either way.

To remove the non return valves I need to get some kind of tool which
would be like a massive screw driver, flat head. I cant budge the
covers with a normal large screw driver, is there a special tool to or
a special technique to remove these covers? they are brass and have a
screw type head.

TIA

Cheers

Richard