Default Shower Flow Problems

Hello All

I have been told by the shower people that I need to remove some non
return valves from my thermostatic shower to increase the flow.

Will this help? The pump manual states that there should be no non
return valves present in the inlet pipe to the pump but doesn't mention
anything about the shower itself either way.

To remove the non return valves I need to get some kind of tool which
would be like a massive screw driver, flat head. I cant budge the
covers with a normal large screw driver, is there a special tool to or
a special technique to remove these covers? they are brass and have a
screw type head.

TIA

Cheers

Richard

Done that, no difference, Gave the valve cover screws a slight tap with
the hammer and then used a big screw driver and that did the trickl.

I bet I probably needed the non return valves too!!!!

Any ideas anybody, I'm at a loss now, the only option I see is
upgrading the pump.

Cheers

Richard

Hi Andy

The Pump is 3 Bar, the head from roof tank, not sure exactly what that
is but the cold water tank is about 1 metre above the pump which is
located in the loft next to the hot water cylinder. The pipe work
to/from the pump is pretty short about 1 metre and in 22mm. I have
installed an essex flange in the hot water cylinder. I have just tried
re-piping the body jets twice trying to equalise the flow which I
have managed to do now. However I still dont consider the flow to be
high enough. As soon as I turn on the Shower head the top two body jets
pack up as opposed to just the last one in line.

I need several beers...............

Cheers

Richard

Oh BTW the pump is a stuart turner Monsoon twin impellor and I have
also checked the filters.

No it didn't!!! and I'm sure I've heard something similar regarding a
water bylaw, I'm not sure what the pump has TBH but will find out.

I have a seperate shower, its in a wetroom so no cubicle.

Incidently the body jets are attached to a diverter outlet not an
outlet from the main shower valve, and the shower valveis a triple
vavle so two knobs for flow top and bottom and a middle one for
hot/cold. The diverter has 4 outlets with two capped off and one for
body jets and other for sliding rail attachment

I'm also experiencing a weird issue when the temperature dial is at a
certain setting, in that the pump will cycle on and off, I think this
is indicating that there is a leak somewhere in the valve? simply
moving off this setting stops this happening.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers

Richard

Why would the flow valve want to operate if I was just turning the
temperature er knob for want of a better word? this problem happens
when both flow valves are closed off.

I checked for blockages none found. I do however have the pump guy
coming out so hopefully they can sort it.

That aside, how would I check the flow? obviously I can see it visually
but if I dont know how much is supposed to be cominig out , how would I
measure it?

Cheers

Richard

I spoke to the shower people and they said that all jets (4) should
chuck out 22 litres a minute. I tested it with one of the better flow
jets and only got 3.5 litres in a minute. Not good, I also changed the
diverter, exactly the same............

Shower bath mixer tap woes Andy UK diy 8 August 22nd 05 03:43 PM
Temptrol shower valve problems Melissa Vascio Home Repair 3 November 4th 04 04:23 PM
Internal fire doors / slamming ! & Shower problems Nick UK diy 8 January 28th 04 03:50 PM
Dirty folk: third shower proposed! GB UK diy 8 September 10th 03 07:55 PM
Thoughts from the shower #1 BigWallop UK diy 0 July 26th 03 05:30 PM