Bob

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:42:23 GMT, pduck
wrote:

How do you handle the problem of rust? If I pull my car into the garage
after it has been out in the rain, or covered with snow and salt, it's
going to really do a number on my tools. Not only my table saw, jointer,
etc, but also the smaller hand tools like chisels and planes. Just
putting a dehumidifier isn't going to do much good with a wet car right
next to everything.

Thanks

Apart from the damage to your precious tools it's best to keep wet and
snow-covered cars out of a garage for their own sake - it accelerates
rust on the car because every time you bring them in the snow melts
and the salt starts to work on the metal.

Letting a fan run constantly in your garage is a good way to minimize
rust as it keeps the air moving wicking up moisture and it only costs
a few cents a day for electricity.

Bob