Hugo Nebula

Default building control and kitchen requirements

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:44:10 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named neil
leslie randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I'm now at a point where I have to
resubmit my plans taking into account what Building Control have said.
Given the size of my kitchen I can't comply with their wishes for the
window, how do you think I should proceed? I'm in Scotland so what
BigWallop said about dirty windows would apply to me.

AINAnExpertInTheScottishRegs, but I've just looked 'em up, and the bit
about safe cleaning [1] says "in a building of purpose group 1 [2],
any window or part of a window more than 4 m above the adjacent ground
must be constructed [3] so that its external and internal glazed
surfaces can be safely cleaned from -
a. inside the building; or
b. from a loadbearing surface; or
c. a window access system mounted on the building".

[1] Part P2.3
[2] Dwellings, including flats (Part A, Schedule 3)
[3] "CONSTRUCT includes alter, erect, extend and fit" (Part A)
--
Hugo Nebula
"The fact that no-one on the internet wants a piece of this