WillR

Andy wrote:
I tried the same thing - small, weekend shop on a budget - and I've
found that I shop vac (with the optional HEPA filter) works fairly well=

for sucking up dust and chips. I've used it connected directly to my
home-made router table, bandsaw, and RO sander. It is definitely loud,=

even with the optional 'muffler', so with that and your power tools,
you'll definitely need hearing protection (Unless you drop $300 for the=

Fein shop-vac).
I've found that my basement shop stays fairly free of dust. When
possible, I also have a box fan that I point out the window or attach a=

Filtrete furnace filter to. This isn't as efficient as a true shop air=

filter, of course, but I usually use a face-mask filter too, and the
fan + filter is about $190 cheaper than a true air cleaner. Good
temporary fix, until I can start spending more time in the shop.
Hope this helps,
Andy
=20

I have done much the same as you -- I have a HEPA filter for the shop=20
vac, but I also use the .1 Micron Bags -- for drywall and cement dust.

Recently I added the small chip separator from busy bee tools. $30 CDN...=

I will be adding an air filter soon -- HEPA style.

For face masks, use the N95 NIOSH filter with the port on the front if=20
you have glasses or face mask -- it stays cooler and less fogging.

Face mask is now standard equipment in the shop. Breathing is a lot=20
easier...

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw