My shop is in the garage and the way that I handled it is that I built
a partition wall seperating my shop from where a car might go, put a
ceiling in it insulated the entire thing and run a window AC unit 24/7.
Perhaps overkill on the construction and a bit expensive for the AC
but none of my tools show any sign of rust. It is worth it to me as I
don't want to waste precious shop time doing rust remediation on my
tools. I also justify it in my mid as the shop is about the same temp
/ humidity as the house where the stuff I build will eventually be
deployed so - in theory - moisture takeup on the wood should be
somewhat consistent between environments.

My dad's shop is in what amounts to a detached garage and is in the
woods. He only runs the AC when he is in there and he is CONSTANTLY
fighting the rust problem.

Philly metro BTW so humidity is a real problem.