David

Peter Wells wrote:

I have a few tools (table saw, radial arm saw, sander, grinder) that I use
probably a few times a month that are fitted with connections for dust
collector. I use them in the garage where a lot of other stuff is stored.
So after using them there is always dust all over the place. To what extent
would a dust collector keep the garage clean? Do they just get the big bits
so you don't need to sweep but still leave dust everywhere? Given that I
don't have the space to permenantly connect a dust collection system I'm
wondering if I wouldn't be as well off buying a strong shop vac and
connecting as needed.

All advice appreciated.

Peter

DC collects SOME of the dust and wood chips, but there will still be
some airborne dust. For that, you can install an air filtration unit.
They are quiet and some have remote controls. mount in a high, central
location. I don't have a severe enough problem with dust in my shop so
I haven't purchased the filter, but I've looked at them and read about
their usage. I think if you are concerned about the dust laying around,
you should realize that you are also BREATHING it in, so for your
health, you might want to seriously consider getting one. Delta and Jet
both make them. There is a small triangular shaped one with a light
under it, available at Lowes. I doubt it is a high volume unit,
however--it's pretty small.

Dave