Bill

Default Wanted: Advice on Garage Racking

In article , Mike
Faithfull writes
"David Longley" wrote in message
I need to put up a lot of garage racking to hold goods which are at
present in something of a heap in the garage. Looking around at what's
available at B&Q it would cost something like 360 pounds if I used large
240 x 122cm chipboard (each cut into 3 shelves (or perhaps MDF)) x 6
sheets plus 3 brackets per shelf (ie 54 brackets) and 3 uprights per
shelf (18 uprights in all) that's easily 360 pounds excluding and paint
and screws (I realise that I'd need to seal the shelves)

Plan is to have 2 x 3 on left wall, 2 x 3 on back wall and 2 x 3 on
right wall.

Given that it doesn't have to be pretty, can anyone suggest a cheaper,
more effective solution?

Nearest scrap/reclamation yard & buy some used Dexion or other similar
racking system. Worked for me.

At our local auction in Bedford Dexion normally fetches on average
£20:00 per bay of about 5 shelves. Unlike a lot of racking from the
sheds this stuff is strong!
--
-- Bill