Nick Hull

In article ,
Pete Keillor wrote:

My example was extreme for the point of illustration. Sure, the
flexing in a radial tire is more complex. However, I've blown enough
tires due to underinflation or overloading (boat trailer, radials) to
have observed fairly intact tread with totally disintegrated sidewalls
each time. These were 6-ply rated, with 50 psi pressure, and seem
much more sensitive to load - inflation conditions than most passenger
car tires.

6-ply rating means the sidewalls have 2-ply. Is ir any wonder that the
6-ply part lasts longer than the 2-ply part?

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/