neil leslie

Default building control and kitchen requirements

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I'm now at a point where I have to
resubmit my plans taking into account what Building Control have said.
Given the size of my kitchen I can't comply with their wishes for the
window, how do you think I should proceed? I'm in Scotland so what
BigWallop said about dirty windows would apply to me.

RichardS wrote:

"Peter Taylor" wrote in message

BigWallop wrote

As long as you can reach the window and be able to open it fully
for cleaning, and not put yourself or others in danger while doing so,

then

there is nothing to stop you putting anything in front of the window

that is

easily removed to allow you in to clean it.

snip remainder

Forget this. As I said before, the Building Regulations contain NO

requirements

for access for cleaning windows in dwellings.

sorry, I think I misread your post when suggesting that!

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk