Jim Adney

On 17 Aug 2005 16:28:28 -0700 wrote:

"Stirring the solution,
would make for a much more uniform discharge curve. "

We've done some automotive work an I've noticed that nothing quite
charges a battery like a car, perhaps because it moves ?

When we had a severely depleted battery on charge we would agitate it
every few hours and at that time the ammeter reading would increase. I
guess it knocked the bubbles off of the plates ?

Both of these theories sound plausible to me. It could be bubbles,
which form once the cell voltage reaches 2.4V, but I suspect that
agitation is a more likely reason. Both probably play some part.

-
Jim Adney

Madison, WI 53711 USA